Arabian Chemical Center (ACC), established in 1991, is wholly owned and operated by Cristal. ACC is the only chlor-alkali manufacturing unit in the Western Region of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and has state-of-the-art membrane technology for the chlor-alkali manufacturing process.
ACC produces the following products:
- Chlorine gas (consumed by Cristal) - PDS | SDS - EN / AR
- Caustic soda - PDS | SDS - EN / AR
- Caustic flakes -? PDS | SDS - EN / AR
- Dry Precipitated Silica - SDS - EN / AR
- Hydrochloric acid - PDS| SDS - EN / AR
- Sodium hypochlorite - PDS | SDS - EN / AR
- Sodium Silicate Solution? SDS - EN / AR
The major uses of chlorine are in paper and pulp, plastics, solvents, refrigerants, pigments, insecticides, dye stuffs, varnishes, silicon, rubber, and water treatment. Caustic Soda and Hydrochloric Acid are the basic chemicals used by a number of chemical and petrochemical industries.
Sodium Hypochlorite is used for bleaching in the pulp and paper industry and water treatment.